Getting to the Core of Writing, Level 4, reflects the growing maturity of writers at this level.
"Student's writing abilities often shift in third through sixth grade as student readers make a giant cognitive leap from learning to read to reading to learn. Students have likely advanced through all five phases of beginning reading and writing development, attaining a degree of independence as both readers and writers by the time they enter third grade."
From Getting to the Core of Writing, Level 4, page 7.
Key elements of Getting to the Core of Writing, Level 4
• Planning Writing Instruction
• Components of Writer's Workshop
• Implementing the Lessons
• Implementing Writer's Workshop
• The Writing Conference
• Top 10 Tips for Creating Successful Writers
• Correlations to Common Core State Standards